ENRG Fitness is a large and reputable health and fitness club located on Canterbury Rd in Kilsyth, Victoria. We are committed to providing a safe community oriented environment for people...More info
Urban Climb – West EndBack
- Posted on in Climbing Climbing Group Fitness Gyms & Health Clubs Kids' Activities Sports & Recreation Yoga & Pilates
WELCOME TO URBAN CLIMB
A bustling community.
Come here on a weekday night and you will find a bustling community of friendly locals and working professionals who by luck or coincidence have uncovered the sport of climbing right here in west end.
Every Instructor at Urban is passionate about their sport, want to make their day? Ask them any question about technique, climbing gear or their involvement in climbing and the local climbing community.
The walls in the gym range through different gradients to really put your climbing to the test. From beginner to advanced, we have slab, steep and overhang to keep you pumping. From simple 5m beginner walls through to lead climbing on the arch, our 10oom2 building has something for all levels.
We also have one of the largest bouldering walls in the country, split across two levels and reaching 4.5meters in height. Our bouldering covers simple technical training through to hardcore 45 degree angles.
Gym features (for the climbing nerds):
- Bouldering height (down stairs) 4.5m, width 20m
- Bouldering height (upstairs) 3.3m, width 20m
- A designated training area including a peg board for lock offs, campus board for grip and shoulder strength, about 12 hangboards, a technique training wall.
- Custom matting with no gaps
- Over 330sqm of lead climbing.
- More than 80 top-rope stations
- LED light crack
- Slab, vertical, steep to roof, big arch
- About 50 volumes and giant climbing holds
If you feel like some more traditional cross training why not try our fitness facility, with weights, pull up bars and rings, or even some yoga in the yoga studio.